Friday, October 31, 2008

The Ashes of Laughter

There were good times and I remember the laughter just like it was yesterday.  But as soon as it left my mouth it turned to ashes and fell to the ground like the  first  light snow of winter another grand time has come and past falling dead as it escaped from with in.  As I watch the ash of laughter slowly descend to the ground that my tired feet are standing I realize I am standing in and adding to an already thick dense sludgy layer of filth of good times that have past.  I watch as people trudge through it on their normal routines and even allowing their children to play in it while they sip peppermint mocha's.  To say the word happy I would have to know the condition was it real, stoned, drunk or high laughing while waiting for the truth to set in or the come down or hang over to kick in.  Fun's over now what stuck back into the mundane clutches of societies ruling paw.  It sure feels good to get away with something oh that enjoyable rush.  Lets take away life's safety net and make it exciting.  I cant seem to hold a smile for more than a couple seconds.  The laughter that I do keep inside at  least what is left never really sure why I always keep a little for myself.  I don't know why its almost like a gift that is to valuable to just hand out to a stranger its the little things like this the little things I keep that secure that little bit of happiness that I keep inside.  You took most of it fuckers  but the real shit will never be yours.

No comments: